Desert Experience 4 nights / 5 days
DAY 1 : ARRIVE MARRAKECH
- - Upon arrival in Marrakech, you will be met by your English speaking tour escort and transferred to your hotel.
Known as the Red City, Marrakech is one of the most fascinating imperial capitals in Morocco.
Depending on flight timing, you may wish to do a flexible touring in the labyrinthine souks of the Medina, ending at the famed Djemaa El Fna square, where musicians, acrobats, snake charmers and fortune-tellers entertain the crowds.
Overnight in Marrakech.
DAY 2 : MARRAKECH / OUARZAZATE
- - This morning set out for a great drive via the scenic Tizi N’Tichka Pass to Ouarzazate. En route, we will stop at the Kasbah village of Ait Benhaddou. The town has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has been used as a set for many films including, Lawrence of Arabia, The Mummy, and Gladiator. While most people in the area live in a more modern village, some families still make this spectacular place their home.
Dinner and overnight in Ouarzazate.
DAY 3 : OUARZAZATE / ZAGORA / ERG LIHOUDI
- - After breakfast, depart for Zagora through Tinifift pass to join the Draa valley. Enjoy breathtaking sceneries of small local villages and verdant oases along the green valleys all the way to the remote pre Saharan regions. Lunch break will be made in the village of Tamnougalt. Explore the old Ksar, a former trading caravans post in the medieval times. In the afternoon, carry on your drive along the spectacular Draa palm grove, crossing Berber villages, Ksours and Kasbahs to Zagora before continuing to Erg Lihoudi in the heart of the Sahara desert. Upon arrival, enjoy a camel ride at sunset and spend the night in a nomadic desert camp.
Dinner and overnight in tented camp.
DAY 4 : ERG LIHOUDI / OUARZAZATE / MARRAKECH
- - We will wake up early this morning to enjoy the spectacular sunrise in the desert . After breakfast, we will drive back to Marrakech. En route, we will stop in Ouarzazate to visit the sumptuous Glaoui Kasbah of Taourirt, before we cross the Atlas Mountains along a twisting road with wonderful views as we descend to Marrakech which we will reach late in the afternoon.
Overnight in Marrakech.
DAY 5 : MARRAKECH – departure
- - After breakfast, you will be collected from your hotel and transferred to Marrakech airport for your onward flight.